Tuesday, September 5, 2017

They're back to a foursome!!!!

Today is Charlotte's birthday.
Even though she's celebrating in heaven
doesn't mean we can't celebrate her here on earth.

I've created a birthday card for her
every year - for many, many years.
This year shouldn't be any different.

Except, who has heaven's address?
Second best thing?
This card was mailed to her daughter, Karla.

A tough day for her children,
especially Karla, who cared for her so lovingly
in her final days.

Many moments were spent with this sweet woman.
I didn't spend as many moments as my folks though.
You see, Charlotte and Karl
were my parents' best friends.

Many hours were spent around the kitchen table
as they played cards.
I'm sure they're playing today, too.
Back to a foursome.
I'm sure they were all waiting for Charlotte
so that they could pick up
where they left off.

Happy heavenly birthday, Charlotte.
Please kiss and hug the others around the table, too.
Just for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment